Who feels like a coffee now? Ha ha.
Anyway. Reasons Green Ink has been quiet lately:
- London has been experiencing some beautiful weather lately, especially on the weekends - and hence staying inside in front of a computer hasn't held much appeal!
- I've been working on an article for a friend's magazine
- I've been reading a lot
- It was my birthday on Tuesday and the celebrations spilled over into several days! It was the best birthday ever (more on that later)
- Work has zapped quite a bit of my energy
- I've written posts but then was worried they were just stupid/boring so didn't post them
- I've had a few existential crisises - in my head only, of course, but it has affected my motivation slightly. Funny that I've just posted heaps of coffee pictures and I'm reminded of a line in the early seasons of Friends where Rachel says, "everyone I know is either getting married, or getting pregnant, or getting promoted....and I'm getting coffee! And it's not even for me!!" I need to make a list somewhere of my Top 10 Motivators and drag it out whenever I'm having a "I can't do this" day! Reading this and this has helped (I will write my thoughts on this more later)
- About to have a weekend filled with sun, sight-seeing and (hopefully) good wine and Portuguese custard tarts. Maybe I'll do some writing on the beach.
- I am very happy, and that tends to be when the days melt into each other.