I'm working on a new banner that will feature a rather cool looking latte I had at brunch a few weeks ago, but TS thinks we should wait until we pick up our lovely new camera in a few weeks time and take some new shots on that...but I was impatient and didn't want to wait to put my new template in. Do let me know your thoughts - I think it's much nicer now, rather than having to squint to read white writing on a dark screen! Anyway, it might look a bit weird while I sort a few things out - but heck, we're all works in progress. ;)
Thank you for your kind words and cheers of support on my half marathon! I'm still very psyched, but have had a few freakouts as well - which I guess is only natural every time you step out of your comfort zone. I've drawn up a little plan for the next four weeks, and have been really mindful of eating for performance. I'll be sharing my plan and my tracking, as well as a few new recipes, over the next few days.
Right now, it's lunch time and this half marathon runner needs FOOD! This is what's on the menu at my work canteen's "salad island":
- Roasted beetroot, fennel, butternut squash & chive
- Sesame rice, filed mushroom, crispy spinach & roasted onion
- Saffron cous cous, blistered pepper, courgette & plum tomato
- Bok choi, roast carrot, cashew nut & crispy ginger noodles
- Spiced Puy lentil, summer vegetable & lemon vinaigrette
- Millet tabboulet with spelt grain & soya bean
- Rustic bean, caramelised chilli, provencal vegetable & avocado
A large container - enough for a good taste of all of them- is only £1.35! I am never leaving!
On that note, I'll go and join the queue. Hope you're all having a happy day :D