I've been keeping this news (mostly) to myself all weekend, but now I can finally share with you all that I have been shortlisted for a place in the Runner's World magazine Lucozade Super Six 2010 team for the Virgin London Marathon!!!
.....yes, you read that right!!
I am in the sub 5:00 category - which means, based on my time for my half marathon, I should be able to complete the marathon in 5 hours or just over.
More than 2000 people applied for a place in the team, so to say I am over the moon to have been shortlisted is a complete understatement! This is an opportunity I never could have dreamed of.
If I get a place in the team, this is what is included in the prize:
- One-to-one coaching and support throughout the duration of the training from one of three top coaches - Steve Smythe, Liz Yelling or Paul Evans
- Personalised nutrition advice from the Lucozade Sport Performance Team, as well as a four-month supply of Lucozade Sport products
- Admission to a training day with Liz Yelling in London on February 27, 2010
- Entry to a new and exciting pacing event at Dorney Lake on March 28, 2010
- Lucozade Sport Super Six adidas running vest, tracksuit top, trainers and a state-of-the-art Garmin Forerunner 405
- A place in the London marathon is also included for team members who don't have one.
Voting closes midday (GMT) next Tuesday, 24th November.
Whatever the outcome, I just feel so honoured to have been shortlisted - there are some really impressive people in the line up!
A good friend of mine, who did a marathon in January this year, thinks we should do one together in 2010 anyway - so I reckon that a marathon is next for me, regardless :)
I'll keep you posted!