- I went to Italy for a friend's wedding in September, which was utterly glorious - it involved sunbathing in a skimpy bikini by a dream-like jade pool, catching the bouquet (!), too much wine, too much gelato, and an obscene amount of espresso. I want to go back :)
- Lovely Ivy came to stay and Tom and I were proud to watch her at her first poetry reading in London, at the Open Arts Cafe.
- Ivy and I also got transported back seventy years when we visited the Poetry Society's "Knit a Poem" knit-a-thon in Covent Garden. With 1940s music playing on the stereo and a group of women gathered around a huge table knitting and sewing, we felt like we were knitting for the war! Great fun.
- I got my garden ready for the onslaught of autumn, and it looks very pretty, crammed full with rosemary, heather and other hardy plants that will hopefully withstand lack of warmth in the months to come. I love gardening.
- My grandmother passed away a week ago, as you know. Thank you to everyone who has left messages of support - your kindness really means so much. Some of that post ended up in a speech at Nan's funeral on Tuesday, which was very touching.
- Been caught up in a few writing projects, namely copy editing a new magazine (details will be revealed soon!)
- Discovered a lovely blog about the adventures of a young woman living her dream in one of my favourite cities in the world, and was gobsmacked to win her survey giveaway! Thanks again Gillian!
- Worked like a Japanese beaver to leave everything in some semblance of order in my office while I am away in Australia for three weeks. Many late nights. Much caffeine.
So there you have it friends - it doesn't sound like much, now that I've written it all down, but I literally haven't had time to scratch myself these last few weeks, they have just disappeared! I'm looking forward to having some time, to just be, to gather my thoughts, reconnect with those I love, and figure out what's next.
Catch you on the flip side.