picture from weheartit.com
Original title eh?
I'm sorry for being AWOL my friends! Life has become a bit crazy - I feel like since Tom and I were married last month we've barely stopped! I will write a proper post soon, just wanted to drop in and say hi and tell you hadn't forgotten about you!
So, as the title suggests:
- I have written about the wedding on my other blog, you can see part one here and part two here. Enjoy! Do leave me a comment if you read and tell me what you think :)
- I didn't get in to the London marathon - sigh - but it was expected. After listening to this podcast I'm thinking I need to do a destination marathon! Maybe Rome or Venice 2011?!
- My sister had a baby boy a few weeks ago and I've been going all gooey over pictures of him.
- But, I have my own "baby" - my book is coming along in leaps and bounds. In the last three weeks I have about doubled the word count, and I've even surpassed the word count of the novel I had previously been working on for two freakin years! I'm really on fire at the moment, I just hope I can keep it up. I have a feeling I will, it is just writing itself at the moment. I can't wait to tell you all about it!
- Travelled to Frankfurt for work last week. Wore my wedding dress to the gala dinner! Got to eat Hanutas. Enough said.
- Tom is 30 this week! We have a rather low key celebration planned, and a few days off, as we've both been working very hard. We're also planning our honeymoon, more on that later.
- Autumn has well and truly arrived and I think I might have to start wearing my coat when I walk to work, certainly in the evenings. Tom and I almost jogged home last night, it was that cold!
- I bought lots of ingredients to do baking with last weekend, but ended up writing for most of it instead! It's amazing how nothing else gets done when I just come home, turn on the netbook and write! The washing pile is now, as Tom calls it, a "tower of pain". Thankfully doing the dishes is his job ;)
- It's nice putting on your size 12 Sportsgirl trousers from 2006 and realising that even though you feel like you're developing a writer's muffin top, they still fit :)
- Got inspired seeing people in Frankfurt going running in their lunch breaks. That might be my answer.
- Too much fibre can lead to wind. Lots of it.
- My new runners are wonderful but have made me realise how weak my ankles are.
- I might have to change my name to Soy Vanilla Chai Latte, as that is what I have every time I go to Starbucks to write and wait for Tom to finish work most evenings.
- It's lovely walking home with him in the evenings. We go through St James Park, where you can see the Eye all lit up on one side, Buckingham Palace on the other, and gaggles of geese and squirrels vying for pats and free bread!
- I feel very happy and content. For the first time in my life, I think I have my priorities right and am able to not worry too much about things that might get in the way of those (will talk to you more about this later)
- I really want to finish knitting my snood before the cold really sets in, so I can wear it! I started it in April 2009....
- There is a really nice bottle of Merlot in my wine rack that I think I'll open tomorrow night, just because it's Friday :)
Hope you're all well my friends and there will be more soon, I promise. xx