Sunday, January 16, 2011
happy yew near!
How was your new year, my friends? Mine was nice and low key, just the way I like it. I started the new year as I hope it will continue - sober, madly in love, lots of yoga, writing, and in the company of people I love. I think there was some Green & Black's chocolate somewhere too ;)
2010 was all about action for me - getting on with the doing part of dreaming, which I had already proven to myself I could do in the past. It was wonderful to take some positive and decisive action in the direction of where I want to be.
So I think this year is all about building on what I managed to do last year, to focus, to not let chances slip through my fingers. I also need to get more organised and stop using my brain as a calendar. It puts a lot more pressure on me, and why do that when I can simply write things down :)
From a completely vain perspective, because that's always fun (!), I'd like to make more of an effort to:
1. learn how to use a straightener and curling iron properly - and remember to turn said appliances off when I'm finished with them
2. schedule in my next wax as I'm leaving my current appointment instead of allowing months to go by. It's a jungle down there at the moment.
3. sharpen eye and lip pencils when they need it instead of continuing to use blunt instruments to torture self in the manner of a Renaissance nun.
4. file nails when they break instead of allowing them to become hawk-like talons
5. buy another sports bra
6. stop carrying around every lip gloss I own, because they all run out at the same time!
7. throw out all clothes with holes in them, and make up mind once and for all whether I'm actually going to mend what's in the mending pile!
I also turn 30 this year. I must think of a very cool and fitting way to celebrate, to send my twenties out the door and on their way to make way for all the new and exciting things. So far, a gorgeous beach with a cocktail in hand and a cute floaty summer dress on is very, very appealing. (looks outside! Cold. Dark. Brrr!)
And of course, being happy. That's very important to me. If you aren't happy, then I don't think it really matters what else you might have to show for yourself. Well, I was living proof of that theory once upon a time!
And this year it also marks five years since I got to goal! Bloody hell! Where has that time gone?!
So I'm hoping that this year will be fun, filled with adventure and happiness, and where I manage to tick a few more things off my list. Rich and famous being one of them ;) ha ha.
What are you hoping for this year?